Warmer Weekend, Rain Back Next Week

0
2
This post was originally published on link to post

NEW ORLEANS — A much prettier day with pleasant afternoon temps, low humidity, and sunny skies. Unfortunately our seasonal weather was short lived, as moisture from the Gulf begins to work back into the area this weekend. At the same time a weak front will be moving into the area Saturday. this will likely increase clouds a bit as well as trigger an very slight chance for a passing shower. 10-20% chance at the very most. The upper pattern doesn’t support the front actually moving through the area, and will begin lifting back northward on Sunday. Partly cloudy skies and highs back in the 70s by Sunday. Another, but stronger, cold front begins moving into the area Monday, this time a 60% chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms. Once again, the upper pattern prevents the front from clearing the coast and as it moves northward Tuesday, rain chances diminish to 30-40%. High temps for the Monday to Wednesday time frame look to be in the mid to upper 70s and humid! Another cold front could trigger some strong to severe storms within an 80% chance for numerous showers and storms Wednesday and Thursday morning. This time an upper trough will push the front south of the coast, clearing skies and dropping temps for Thursday and just in time for a big night of parades on Valentine’s Day next Friday!

► Get breaking news from your neighborhood delivered directly to you by downloading the new FREE WWL-TV News app now in the IOS App Store or Google Play.

‎Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the New Orleans area on the all-new free WWL TV app. Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events. LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS * Receive r…

DETAILED FORECAST:

TONIGHT:

Clear early, some clouds overnight. Cool temps, but rising overnight. Wake up temps will be int the mid to upper 50s. Low: S 52, N 47, then rising toward daybreak. Winds S 5-10.

SATURDAY:

Partly cloudy skies. 10-20% chance for an isolated showers. Milder. High: 68. Winds: S/SW 6-12.

SUNDAY:

Warmer, a bit more humid. Partly cloudy, breezy. Low: S 56, N 52. High: 73.

MONDAY:

60% chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms. Warm and muggy. Low: S 63, N 61. High: 77.

TUESDAY:

Mostly cloudy skies. 30-40% chance for spotty to scattered showers and storms. Warm and humid. Low: S 65, N 63. High: 78.

WEDNESDAY:

80% chance for numerous showers and storms. Some possibly strong to severe. Breezy. Warm and humid. Low: S 64, N 62. High: 72.

THURSDAY:

90% chance for morning showers and storms, then ending. Mostly cloudy, breezy. Turning cooler. Low: S 65, N 61. High: 68, then falling.

FRIDAY:

Partly cloudy skies. Much cooler, breezy. Low: S 47, N 43. High: 61.

► Stay in the know with Southeast Louisiana’s top stories to start your workday. Sign up for the 4 Things to Know email newsletter to get headlines delivered to your inbox. Click here to sign up!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here